Government and Military
Full Time Employee
Years of Experience
10+ to 15 Years
Please include a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
M3 Government Services is seeking a Proposal Manager to join its Business Development Team.
The Proposal Manager leads, plans, schedules, and oversees the Federal Proposal Development Lifecycle.
The Proposal Manager will report to the Director Business Development.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for managing the Proposal Processes to produce 100% compliant and compelling proposals.
The Proposal Manager provides Subject Matter expertise, guidance, and assistance to Proposal Authors and Proposal Team Members.
Candidate Resume should demonstrate skills and abilities in both writing and managing proposals for Federal Government Agencies. Federal experience is required and a four-year degree in a related field is preferred.
Critical Success Factors
Critical Success Factors include the ability to plan and manage a Proposal Schedule and the ability to manage both internal and external Proposal Resources.
Responsibilities – Proposal Management
The Proposal Manager will manage Response Development for RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s, and Task Order Responses as well as any required presentation material.
- Maintain operational control over the proposal project
- Assign and Direct Volume Leads, Section Managers, Book bosses, Coordinators, and
- Implements proposal processes
- Sets and manages proposal schedules, deadlines, and progress monitoring
- Develops the proposal outline and compliance matrix
- Obtains (or advises appropriate managers regarding the need for) proposal staffing and
- Oversees the coordination of all proposal activities
- Design and document a formal proposal process; recommend needed software tools
- Develop proposal schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, and writing assignments
- Conduct lessons learned to produce process improvement and achieve higher success rates
- Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and develop a
Proposal Management Plan
- Manage Proposal Review Meetings and Review Cycle
Responsibilities – Proposal Coordination
- Administer Proposal Processes
- Create proposal templates, outlines, compliance matrices, and production checklists
- Coordinate Configuration Management and Version Control
- Prepare Proposal Related Reports
- Administer Proposal Related Resources
- Administer Proposal Management System
- Track Proposal Status
- Meet Proposal Deadlines
Responsibilities – Proposal Authorship
- Writes original text and develops illustrations for the proposal
- Responsible for incorporating proposal strategies, themes/discriminators,
technical/management, features and benefits, and other material into the proposal sections
- Edits text in compliance with Management guidance
Responsibilities – Lead Generation
- Reviews and analyzes solicitations – RFI’s, RFP’s, and RFQ’s
- Coordinates with Business Development Staff for RFP Release Dates
- Coordinates with Business Development Staff for Unsolicited Proposals
- Researches Client Requirements
- Maintains the Past Performance Database
- Washington, DC
- Austin, TX
(Will consider an applicant's request to work remotely)
- BS or BA in English, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration, or similar field is
- Proposal Management for Federal Government Proposal Development Efforts ranging in
value from $5 Million to $75 Million Total Contract Value
- Secret or Higher Clearance desired
- Professional Services Firm Work Experience required
- Management Consulting Firm Work Experience highly desirable
- IDIQ Contract Vehicles and Task Orders
- Management Consulting and IT Services Proposals for Federal Civilian and Department of
- Federal government procurement policies and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Proposal Development Methodologies – Shipley, Capture Planning, or FED Market